A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So long, Mr. Big

Kimberly commented that she and her husband, Ross, recently visited Big Lots looking for Christmas decoration bargains. Her report was discouraging. Of course I wasn't looking at the company's fundamentals when I brought a call, just the chart. However, the stock rallied weakly, a couple dollars and that translated into a 50 cent gain for my contract (that darn expiration month thing) so I sold it on the open this morning and split my gains about evenly with the broker.

Now lets see, $25 on $200 in 3 days. 12.5% profit. If I do that 80 times in a 25o day trading year that's 1000% Wow, now I feel better. Not really. But happy that now I can return to the dark side.

Janett's not feeling well, worse than that actually, a bout with diverticulitis. Since surgery 18 months ago the condition hasn't afflicted her as severely as in the past, but she's in a lot of pain now. I have quite a bit going on at the office tomorrow but if we need to go to the emercency room in the morning that's what we'll do. It seems the treatment is a heavy dose of antibiotics, so the problem must not be an errant sesame seed, but an inflamation that becomes infected. If you're reading while dining I apologize. Anyway this may limit our Thanksgiving festivities.

Steffie and Mark are going to Iowa, Kim is probably thinking about having Ross at home for four days and still shy of their first anniversary may not wish to share his attentions. We kind of had an invitation to Jase and Dee's but Mom says Dee never actually invited her and fears Dee may be unhappy with me for being a scold with Joey at the last family get together. I can understand that. When I'm grumpy I can be pretty unpleasant. Louie did invite us, but I'm not sure Janett will feel well enough to be social.

I brought a turkey home from the office yesterday and Janett made it abundantly clear that she had no interest in cooking, eating, or cleaning up after a turkey dinner here. Gradually our options are being whittled away and I can see myself running out to bring home one turkey and one ham dinner from Boston Market.

I'm still going to try to cook that turkey even if I have to eat the whole thing on toast with mayonaisse, salt and pepper. Yummm.

And here's a fable, if you like that kind of thing.
.

No comments: