A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I went to work today and I'm tired

so I wasn't going to post, but losing to the 119th rated team in the nation with a coach who got fired this week requires a comment. So here's one from Rock's House:

Watching David Bruton break down on the sidelinesby ProfKid93 (11/22/2008 20:23:36)
my heart broke, like nothing since I was a kid watching Miami dance on Faust's grave in 1985. I thought I was beyond that, had built up the appropriate level of cynicism and sheer ennui around myself to withstand watching this program for the last 15 years. And then, watching Bruton sob, it hit me: He doesn't deserve this. None of them deserve this. Walker doesn't deserve to feel like a goat because his idiot coach asked him to bail out his fat ass on a near-impossible shot. Clausen doesn't deserve to feel like the goat because he's been saddled with a grabshit game plan. The O-line doesn't deserve to feel like goats because they haven't been taught basic fucking fundamental football in the last four years. If the University is going to continue to bring in kids who love football, care about each other and want to win, the it owes them nothing less than the best chance to succeed. So either step up, find the right leadership for these young men, or shut the damn program down altogether. I'll find something else to do on my Saturdays, and future generations of football stars can go to institutions that actually care about football rather than tolerating it for the sake of a buck.

No comments: