A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nouriel Roubini and other wisdom

Since I mentioned Peter Schiff the other evening, I thought I'd post a link to a Roubini article. Roubini has a pretty good grasp on things, and anticipated the events we're observing today. A couple of years ago, I might have gone on at length about my misapprehensions, but it's too late for warnings now. We need informed assessments of how bad it really is and Roubini should be good for that. (WARNING One reader commented " can always count on Nouriel Roubini to brighten my day. I wonder if it's too early to start drinking heavily")

I've never been good at keeping jobs, and so I'm not the best advisor in that area, and probably there's little one can do, beyond marginally, to affect their own job security in this evironment. One can try to pick an industry where prospects are not too bad and try to find an opening. (Maybe we'll all end up carrying blood samples from patients' rooms to the lab at a local hospital.)

Interestingly, I heard today that more babies were born in the US last 2 years than in any past two year period - and we all know folks are living older, and they're a segment of the population many of whom still have some funds at their disposal. So how about selling old folks something to give their grandchildren (or great granchildren) to remember them by. An ad in the AARP magazine is probally not too expensive. Photo portraits, for instance, and you go on the internet to find eager photographers in every market who can coax the old folks into disposition and attire that they'll be OK with as their "heritage" image. Once you check their references, you can franchise them or simply sell them referrals. If you're a good photographer (and who isn't?) you could even set up a venture locally, starting with all the old folk's homes, and then expand, growing as you learn.

See, it only took me 5 minutes to set you up with a new life program, and you can probably do even better than that.

No comments: