A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Flat Tires

Kim was dropping by this morning on her way to run some errands. Then she was going to go to Chicago and meet Ross and a few if his out-of-town friends for lunch, then go to Brian's wedding. She had a flat tire a couple blocks away, and didn't realize that it was past the point of going flat and continued on her way here. So we'll get that taken care of, and in the mean time she can drive Janett's Buick. Unfortunately, that means I can't take Janett to run errands this afternoon in her car, we'll use my Nissan instead. Not as nice a ride for Janett, so she's a little discouraged. I hope she doesn't decide not to go with me. I'd like her to be able to wander the aisles and pick up things that look appealing, so she'll eat regularly as she recovers from her surgery. Also, I think it's good for her to get out of the house for little things, so as not to feel cabin-feverish.

Anyway, I told Kim to be grateful she had the flat where it was so manageable, as opposed to, say, on the expressway into Chicago. I've been pretty lucky about having flats in convenient places. Except for one notable exception over twenty years ago. Janett and I were driving the 6 kids to Minnesota in an emergency situation. Jason needed immediate medical attention, and so we all packed up and headed out. We had a flat on the inter-state, and I had to tell Janett I'd removed the spare from the trunk to make room for all the luggage. Not one of my better moments. Other than that, though, I've been pretty lucky.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I think it's funny. Ijust don't get it