A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

You Lucky Cubs Fans

Posted by FaytlND at Rocks House:
Found in a "Young players to remember" article.
"JEFF SAMARDZIJA, RHP, CUBS -- There were people who were wondering whether Samardzija was really worth that $10 million the Cubs laid out to keep him away from the NFL. Well, after watching him this spring (where he had a 1.80 ERA in three appearances), one scout raved: "Best arm I've seen. Ran his fastball up there in the upper 90s, with an excellent slider. He could pitch up here quick. In fact, they had to get him back to the minor leagues to keep Lou (Piniella) from taking him north."
Hopefully he avoids the Wood/Prior treatment. It also looks like, at this point, he probably made the right decision sticking with baseball."

I'm so tired of the Woods-Prior "Oww Ouch Oooh That really hurts" thing. I don't know how you guys put up with it. 2002 was the year that I gave up on them. Bere, Clement, Lieber, Prior, Woods, and Zambrano
and, what? - they finished 5th - and they had Sosa, Alou, McGriff, Hundley, and Girardi. Fifth, for Crying Out Loud.

I'm getting really upset, and I'm not even a Cub's fan. But I might be interested in seeing a little more of Samardzija

1 comment:

Stangmasterflash said...

This is THE YEAR!