A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Everything seems to be moving in slow motion

Noah is home (to Fort Drum,NY) from Afghanistan and will soon be getting his walking papers. Everybody knows Lauren found them a house in Champaign, right? So, they'll be settling down there and once Noah gets enrolled he'll receive benefits under the GI Bill. That's all good, but he's wondering what program to enroll in. I'm not prepared to give advice. The obvious answer is something with a lot of computer science because Noah may have an aptitude, but I got my doubts. Pretty soon you'll have to move to Bangalore India to get a programming job, and your skill set might be out of date in six years, I don't know.
Noah likes theology, and I think he'd be a good youth pastor, or a good adult pastor for that matter. I think he'd bring the right balance of spiritual sensibility, energy, and intellect to a pastorial career.
He mentioned once getting into the building trades. I worked with a guy who had a construction management degree from Wisconsin, so I know such progams exist. I mean you don't have to be a civil engineer or architect. That could be cool - he'll have four or five years in school while the industry shakes out and then he'll come out with a degree when they're hireing again. I told him he could get some "hands-on" experience working with Jason summers. He didn't know what to say.
I still smile when I think about those two on a job together.

No comments: