A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Please excuse my recent fit of pique,

It was late. I was tired and angry about being on the long side of a trade and that Darden wasn't falling. I didn't do the things I said I would do. I entered the orders, but cancelled them when the market was opening higher the next morning. Darden closed below $25 today, and is trading below short, medium, and long term moving averages, all three of which are now declining. CNI is above 30, having enjoyed a good day yesterday and a not so good day today. I think a quarterly earnings report from Darden is due out on the 15th. Put volume was very heavy at $25 early this week which I think means a lot of other folks share my anticipation of a decline in the share price. Of course for every buyer there has to be a seller.

I haven't previously mentioned the 50 year reunion being organized for my grammar school class. John S. and Tom C. are the planners. Tom gave me the names of four people to call to elicit interest, and the memories the names brought to mind, though some, of course, were embarassing make me think I'd really enjoy seeing the four of them and as many others as might show up.

Janett and I had a good day today including running some errands, walking around a bit and lunching out. Uh Oh, Mark just called looking for a missing cake pan. I've got to check the cupboards. Hmmm I guess I've never written that word before.

2 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

A grammer school reunion! How fun!

janettsue said...

The problem was, that is not called a cake pan. It made it hard for me to know just what Mark was looking for.