A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

aaargh

Well the rally's here.

I brought some more "insurance" in the form of a April call on Caterpillar.

My DRI position may end up as a total loss. Even if the earnings report is bad on the 15th, if there's a rally going on, analysts will say performance was bad, but "better than expected" and the company is "well positioned for the recovery"; neither of which happen to be true, but may reflect the mood of the market.

On a happier note, Janett had a q-p-w-c for lunch with fries and a vanilla shake, and cleaned her plate. Good enough news in itself, but then she wasn't hungry at dinner time, and I was left to my own devices and heated up some kielbasa in a can of butter beans. I, likewise, cleaned my plate. Yumm, butter beans.

Tax season is slowing down, so I'm cranking up my marketing psyche, referring to a list of new business licences issued for the last nine months in Cook and the collar counties to comprise a prospect list. Thanks, Tribune. What will we do when there are no more newspapers?

No comments: