A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Monday, January 05, 2009

I don't want you to think I'm selective about

reporting my trading activity. My only open position got closed today when CERN ventured over $40 per share, so I lost half my $350. I didn't get a fill on my DVN order last week, so I've pretty much been doing nothing, except waiting for CERN to drop.
The chart attached may explain my passivity. The S&P 500 and the DJIA, the leading indexes have been struggling with that 23.6 retracement level I spoke of, just as have many of the stocks I look at. There was some talk of a rally last week, but looking at the chart you can see there wasn't that much happening. Both the indexes traded over ther 50 day moving average, a for sure bullish sign, but it was on low volume during a holiday week. So it's hard to be convinced right now to go long or short.

If anything I'd be tempted to reenter my CERN position (it traded lower later in the day), but I'll look at a few charts and see if anything looks promising. Love to all




PS after a look around I decided not to do anything, but Chipotle was very tempting.

No comments: