A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Sunday, January 25, 2009

25 Things

Kim tagged me. I'm not crazy about these kind of lists. Partly because Kim's lists are so interesting, and I feel not very interesting.

Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a Note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.

1. I've drunk coffee (au latte) in St Marks Square on a rainy day, and there was white linen on the little table.

2. My favorite author is John LaCarre, and I miss George Smiley.

3. I was born on the first anniversary on my mother's sister's death, and that made me very special to her, though she never mentioned it to me.

4. My yearning to be truthful is more intellectual than moral.

5. I visited the Brontes' thatch roofed home, but it wasn't my idea.

6. I went to a Bob Dylan concert in 1964. Jefferson Airplane in '66. Wore sports jackets to both. Saw jerry Lee Lewis and The Isely Brothers at ND. That was about it for me and concerts.

7. My father bought me a uniform for my eighth grade basketball team because the coach told him I could be on the team but there weren't enough uniforms.

8. My father took me to Taylor Street to buy me a sailors uniform when I joined the Sea Scouts.

9. I am the fouth child of nine and lived in my own little world. I read the Burgess animal stories and Nancy Drew mysteries.

10. I've never held the same job for more than three years.

11. My wife Janett has more dignity in a little finger than I will ever posess.

12.I scored in the 99th percentile on the english portion GSBAT anrd the 77th percentile for math even though I failed algebra 2 out of 3 semesters I took it.
The business school interviewer thought I was an anomaly.

13. I passed the CPA exam on my first try with 4 75's. I never met anyone else who did that.

14. I don't drink at home, but usually get drunk when I go to a bar.

15. I love history, but don't read books since I discovered the internet. Useed to read things like Kenneth Roberts and Thomas Costain.

16. I'm a student of foreign affairs and have a strong antipathy for the state of Israel.

17. I think there was a generational shift between my sister Betsy and myself though she's only two years older than me.

18. My brother Tim has a double colic and should have been a Cardinal. Irish folk lore.

19 My sister Dean is a very dear person, and I made her cry a few times. I've never been very good with girls, but they like me.

20. I was a history major in college and had to type papers before they made PC's or word processing software.

21. I identify in my imagination with the IRA man of the 20's, gun in one pocket, rosary in he other.

22. My mother welcomed Hungarian, Cuban, and Nigerian refugees into our home when I was young, and they all loved her.

23. My father liked G K Chesterton, and as a young man collected stamps.

24. My sons and daughters sre completely unique from me but are at the same time part of me.

25. I could have been lost so many ways except for the lovely people who held on to me.

1 comment:

Steph Stanger said...

Dad, I LOVE this I'm going to print it out and put it in my scrapbook!