A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

CERN was down today.

So was CMG (Chipotle) TRAD and DVN were up nicely the last couple days, and here I am, a spectator. That's OK. Confidence builders. Besides Chipotle, there's a couple other restaurant stocks that look precarious including Cracker Barrel and the company that owns Red Lobster/Olive Garden. (some of my favorites) And the gold mining companies could fall after recent rallies. I'm a gold bug and won't sell the mining companies on principle. Cracker Barrel, though, that's a loyalty of a lesser order, since they closed their local facility a couple years ago.

Mom (Mommo, Janett) and Steffie went to Kim's today for a visit, then she and Steffie went out tonight to do some shopping. I think Steffie is suffering a little from child fatigue, and is happy getting out of the house.

I left the office at 5 today. I wouldn't say I'm burned out on this job, but I sure don't feel much of a sense of urgency. I mean month end, year end, closing all the construction in process into assets placed in service and I put in an eight hour day. I really want to get into the tax/bookkeeping thing and right now I'm conserving energy and psyching myself up.

and my son Noah is working nights and that throws off our phone calling, Hello Noah, wherever you are.

No comments: