A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

finis

I entered a sales order for my Dryship calls at 575 tonight for tomorrow morning vs a cost of 150. I'm very happy with the trade for a number of reasons, mostly because I made money. I talked about Fibonacci retracenent levels recently and mentioned retracement levels at 23.6%. 38.2% 50.0% 61.8%. Many stocks I look at periodically seem to have retraced 23.6% of their losses since November and appear uncertain about going higher.

I'd like to short (buy a call or two) on an upscale retailler or pricey eatery. I'm thinking about Coach or Chipotles. I know Chipotle's isn't really pricey, but for a tortilla wrapped around beans and rice I think they're pricey. They got the beer and wine thing going for them, but there are nicer places to drink. I was going to short them last winter at $150, but talked to Noah and he said they weren't in Champaign Urbana yet, so I though they could still grow a lot. They grew all the way down to $40, but they're up $20 in the last couple weeks. That might be the end of their rally. Coach looks like a better short to me, though. I'd post the chart but you might not be that interested.

I'm going to take a couple days off trading anyway. Janett's not feeling well, and the last time she didn't feel well I was trading with half a brain and lost some money.

Just two weeks till Christmas. I got my brother Bill in the family gift drawing, and emailed him to inquire if there was anything he really wanted for Christmas. He answered "Someone to buy this house"...If winter is looking a little long to you right now, just be grateful you're not in Whitehall Mi.

3 comments:

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi Dad! Congrats on the Dryship deal, you've still got the touch :P Ross and I LOVE Chipotle. Good luck!

Andy said...

OK, then Coach gets it.

janettsue said...

Love it when you end the day up.