A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Serious stuff

I think I mentioned Kim was going to have a baby. Well, that's not going to happen just yet. She suffered a miscarriage this week. The doctor told her the pictures indicated the baby had stopped growing a couple of weeks ago. We were all saddened and sorry Kim suffered such a loss. Kim and Ross had already planned to go to the Cangelosi family get together in N Carolina this weekend, and Kim pulled herself together to make the trip. Being at a lake in the mountains for a week with people who share your loss is probably the best thing you can do after such a sad event. I'm sure they'll come back renewed.

When we got home Thursday night, after being at the hospital with Kim, there was a call from Janett's sister in law Barb, John's wife. She told us Janett's brother Cy had suffered a very serious stoke while undergoing back surgery that day. Cy had called Janett last weekend and they spoke for quite a while. Now I wonder if he'd been apprehensive anout the surgery. Poor guy. Friday Janett caled the college to withdraw from upcoming classes and packed some things. This morning she left for Georgia with her friend Carrie co-piloting. It would be nice to hope she'll find Cy beginning to convalesce, but Barb seemesd to suggest hopes were slim that he would recover many of hs capacities. We'll pray and wait. We feel great sympathy for Cy's wife, Sally. Cy and Sally have been tgether since high school (fifty years?)and are a very devoted couple.

So I'm home alone for a week. Steffy's bithday is Wednesday; it'll be a small party, but Malachy will no doubt liven things up. I haven't seen the little guy all week. I think I'll go over there for dinner tonight.

No comments: