A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home Alone

Tuesday night.

Janett's in Savannah GA. She often spoke of wishing to visit Savannah, but the circumstances aren't ideal. She's in Ga because her brother's ill, and had a little car trouble today on the way back to Macon from Wayross, where she visited Valerie.
So she's spening the night in Savannah, probably a steamy August night. She and her friend Carrrie were out walking around when I called her earlier. Maybe they'll find a nice sidewalk cafe where they can stop and have a coffee and a slice of some Savannah specialty. I don't know what that might be, but I'm sure they've got some good ones. I may be wrong but I imagine Savannah clinging to a shred of French culture, like sidewalk cafe's where they serve good coffee and fresh pastries.

I went to Steffy's house tonight and brought a birthday cake for a little celebration. Her birthday, her choice of cake; yellow with white butter-cream frosting. It was very nice but Mark and Mally and I threw a litle chocolate ice cream on our plates. Our tastes are just less refined.

I saw a little of Brady Quinn for Cleveland last night against the Giants. He played well. Not a tremedous deep threat, but very good at fifteen to twenty yards -and just oozing leadership qualities. Whatever you think of Charlie Weis, comparing Quinn after 2 years with Willinghan to Quinn after two years with Weis has got to tell you something.

So, what about ND this year? 8 and 4, or 9 and 3 seem the concensus on the Notre Dame boards. Allowings as how Michigan is in disarray and is probably a win for the irish, and we can predict a loss to USC, to go 8 and four we'd have to lose to MSU, UNC, and BC. I can imagine winning all those games.

No comments: