A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Happy Birthday Lauren

I spoke with Noah last night and asked him to convey my greetings to Lauren, and he probably did.

I fled the office at 4:30 today. I sensed good feelings coming on and had to get away from that sometimes difficult environment to let them grow. I'll return tomorrow a more positive, dynamic person.

Arrived home a little early to an empty apartment. Janett may be visiting Kim, or with Steffie, or just out and about. For now I'm fine home alone. I want to nurture those good feelings, so I don't think I'll try to make investment decisions just now, or play Risk or read the news. I think I'll pull a book off the shelf, go out on the porch and read for a half hour, keeping my mind open to some beneficial realization.

I was thinking today about "will o the wisp", a term my mother used occasionally.
It's a nice way to refer to someone a little flighty; the phrase is now nearly anachronistic, but I like it just for the sound of it, as well as as a connection to times gone by. I hope the Irish never lose their love for words.

2 comments:

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi Daddy, hope you had a nice time with your book!

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi Dad! How are you doing? Sorry I haven't seen you in such a long time. Do you think you could feed my cats while Ross and I are out of town? Love you!