A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Friday, March 03, 2006

My little guy Noah

Noah left today for Afghanistan. He has a wife, three sisters, and a mother.
Needless to say the girls are a lot more up-front about their emotions than I am.

I tell the kids when I look at them I see them at every age they've ever been all at once. At a time like this I remember all his vulnerable moments and almost cringe.

But what worries me most is his uncorrupted decency. A kid like Noah will instinctively give of himself for others. I trust Lauren made him promise to take care of himself and really mean it.

Too soon to worry about how he'll be different when he comes home. Just come home Noah and we'll deal with all of that just fine.

2 comments:

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi Daddy. I don't really know how I feel. On one hand, I've been dreading his going so long that it almost feels like this gets us one step closer to Noah being home and safe. On the other hand, I keep thinking about all the unknowns in between today and the day his deployment is over and that is scary. Right now I'm just kinda holding my breath, waiting for his first blog post from Afghanistan.

Steph Stanger said...

Dad, I love you...we will all be here for eachother and together we will make it thru! Noah has impressed us before with his adaptability (remember he said he "liked" boot camp!?!?)and I think he will impress us again! We will hold him in prayer and keep him well stocked in goodies to keep his spirits up. You know you mean the world to Noah. He really looks up to you, and for good reason. You are an amazing father and one of the most compassionate people we know. We love you!