A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Anniversary

Today is our (Janett and my) 26th wedding anniversary. Hooray for us!

I've worked about a week in the last month. One assignment fell through and the next one keeps being delayed (one day at a time). The income shortfall is a little troubling, but more important, I'm beginning to feel unproductive. Too many days on the internet and playing RISK on the computer, going out to some bar a couple times a week, partying too hard (tequila shots), and making Janett nervous (offering friends rides home). I guess I'm also starting to feel too self indulgent. But that won't keep me from having a bloody mary at Red Lobster tonight.

My friend Lou and I were talking about my ennui Sunday after church and he said I should maybe get into that purpose driven life book. It's kind of strange. After losing Meg (Lou's wife) a couple months ago and my mom this month, and having Noah shipped off to someplace, possibly hazardous, half-way around the world, I don't feel like I've changed, but I wonder if I'm acting differently. Some kind of alienation?

Ok, enough of this poor little me stuff. For more uplifting messages please visit Kim's or Steff's blog sites. That's what I do.

2 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

don't be sad dad! =(

Steph Stanger said...

Thanks for the McDonalds last night Dad! I always feel bad asking you for stuff because I know you can't say NO! I'm like that with Kimmy. (usually) I really appreciated the yummy food, Malachy did too! I posted some pictures on my Blog to cheer you up!