A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Be careful what you wish for...

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go.

It'll be two weeks before I start my perm status so they called me with a two week assignment to keep me busy and put some money in my pocket. There I am at this office where they run four little companies. The office manager/bookkeeper got really sick at the beginning of 2005 and eventually died. Up until May she did a less than stellar job and didn't print out financials or detailled reports. Management didn't take much of an interest in how she was doing, other than to ask occasionally, "How are you doing?" To which she had always replied "Fine"
Then after she was unable to continue working a virus infected the system and destroyed all the accounting files, master files, detail, history - everything!
Not only am I faced with having to do all the posting for the second half of the year for the four companies, I don't know how I'm going to reconstruct the numbers for the first half.

I think I'll call my company tomorrow and tell them they need to send a second person out to work with me next week and possibly finish up after I'm gone.
It'll cost the client a lot of money, but, hey, they saved a lot not having a bookkeeper for six months.

I can't help but wonder if the now deceased employee was unhappy not to get any help as her condition worsened, and where that mysterious virus could have come from.

2 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

yea!! Be sure to bring some hand sanatizer!! Good thing you will only be there for 2 weeks!! I'm glad your back at work though sounds like you were getting a case of Cabin fever!

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

You are so funny dad! That job sounds like a major headache, I hope they send you some help. At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...hang in there!