A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My Irish cousins down under

I know my children don't feel particularly Irish, but I do.

The Clancy Brothers, jokes that make you cry, devotion to the Blessed Virgin and getting scrappy when drunk all resonate with me.

It's now been proven that you can take an Irishman, plop him down anywhere in the world and a century and a half later his descendants will still be Irish.
From The Times On Line

At least ten stingrays have been found dead and mutilated on Australia’s eastern coast in the last week in what conservationists believe could be revenge attacks for the death of Steve Irwin, the popular naturalist and television personality.

2 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

HEY! I feel Irish! I named my kid Malachy and my dog guinness...what more do you want from me!

That's sad about the stingrays, Sterve Irwin would not have wanted that.

Andy said...

I know Steffy. I should have named you Colleen. No, Stephanie is a prettier name.

Have I mentioned to you that my mother had another uncle named Owen?