A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Things are much better

Janett is well.

She left the hospital yesterday for a little more recuperation time to be spent at the home of Kim and Ross in Lombard. Steffie brought Mark and Owen here yesterday and gave our place a thorough tidying, so when Janett's a couple days stronger she'll be able to be comfortable here.

I'm going to be busy today, so this is just a short note, but I want to express my respect and appreciation for Kim, Ross, Steffie, Mark, Noah, Lauren, Jason and Dee for their loving devotion to Janett in a difficult time. Also, I want to say that Janett demonstrated qualities of courage, dignity, and gratitude that we might have observed in my mother, but in few others over the years.

I'll leave it to Steffie to thank Crystal and Sarah, but I should mention our appreciation of the kindnesses of Carrie and Bill, and Louie, and Jose and Mel.
And a shout out to daughter Val, our brothers, John, and Sally Miller, Si's wife for their concern and prayers.

Ooops, that reminds me. I have some calls to make.

Love

PS. I should also express our gratitude to Dr Wallace, Janett's surgeon and to the many devoted caregivers at St Alexius. They were all extremely competent, thoughtful, and kind. We recognize how special they all were and know that reflects on the administative staff as well.

2 comments:

janettsue said...

You must be very tried my dear. That is the first time I have heard the word well used in connection with me. Also I sure wish it had been laparoscopic surgery. I told someone that the staples they used to hold my stomach together seemed better suited to holding shingles on a roof.

janettsue said...

I kind of remember writting the other comment but not really. I am finding that there is so much I don't remember. What I know for sure is that you are a wonderful husband and we sure have some great kids. You have gone through this so many times I don't know how you keep taking it but I am so glad you do and that you are always there for me.