A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Monday, February 23, 2009

Hi.

Did I tell you abouy my cell phone? I left it at the office on my last day of work. I knew I was leaving without it, but I'd looked everywhere. I hoped I'd left it at home, though I was pretty sure I hadn't. Well, it turned up there last week and I ran over there and picked it up today. I mention that because it may be a contributing cause of my current sense of isolation; perhaps solitude is a better word.

I've been interacting with folks positively, family, friends, associates. Is my sense of aloneness a phenomena that afflicts people who try to start a little business? Thank goodness I don't have to worry about meeting a payroll.

Or is DRI making me crazy? The market was down big on Friday and Darden was up nearly a dollar. Down 84 cents today. An investment blog today described them as being practically a dead man walking, with a current ratio of .4 and an acid test ratio of .1. These are very bad numbers, but still the stock refuses to crack.

I'm not worried about a couple hundred bucks, and I never claim infallibility. I just don't like the market telling me I'm wrong when I think I'm right.

On a homier note, we called the pizza place this evening an asked them to deliver a couple sandwiches. Italian sausage for me. Rick's Special for Janett. That's an Italian beef with green peppers and red sauce and cheese. Oh, and she ordered onion rings with it. She only ate half, but I think that kind of appetite is probably a good sign. She's still weak and hasn't felt well. I take my encouragement where I can get it these days.

Love to all.

2 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

Oh Daddy, I feel for ya! It sure has been a struggle lately! I'm soooo very glad you are not driving an hour and a half to work every day! Although I know the loss of income stinks. I had hoped Mom would bounce back faster too but I have faith that in time she will be doing well again. Maybe when things get warmer the sunshine will do her good. =) Poor ama cakes, it is no fun to be weak and in pain. You have been so good to her. Thanks! We should have a St Pattys day party or something to show our defiance to this nagging depressing season.

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

I agree! More parties, less isolation! Love you guys!