A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sporatic posting

I'm OK.

Posting is becoming a week-end thing, and here it is 10PM Sunday. I'd better get busy

Major item is KIm;s wedding is now less than a week away. So far the closest we've come to a meltdown was Friday when Kim and Ross visited the place where the wedding and the dinner party are to be held. Kim had reserved the place for the whole day even though her wedding is at 5PM. She didn't want the hassle of pushing people from a prior event out the door while her wedding was setting up. But the lady says thru some kind of misunderstanding the facility was rented for a "morning" event. She promises to have the place ready for Kim's set up by 3PM. Kim was a little upset, but from her retail experience knows little would be accomplished by screaming and throwing things (My specialties)

Noah and Lauren were in town today, but hung out in Beverly for the South Side Irish St Patricks Day Parade. Lauren's uncle throws a great party every year. I got to go to one several years ago. I'm pretty sure I could still finagle an invitation, but taking Janett to a St Paddies day bash makes about as much sense as taking her to a Blackhawk's game.

Maybe I'm being a little parochial now, but I remember as a boy going to the South Side Parade when it really was on the South Side. That would have been in the mid fifties ant I think the location was around 79th and Commercial. That's when there was still an Irish working class. Thinking about it brings back memories of my Chicago Cardinals jacket. In those days the Cardinals played at Comiskey making them the Sout Side team, while the Bears were at Wrigley on the Nort Side.

In Beverly the Irish are all cops, firemen, lawyers, judges, and executives. They're still Catholics, and they're still Democrats, but a lot of them send their kids off to Boston College and their devotion to ND is more of a middle-class affectation than a true commitment.. Well as long as they still get liquored up once a year, sing, and fight with the guy who insulted their brother's wife ten years ago, there's still some hope.

No comments: