A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm tired

I haven't been under a lot of pressure at work the last couple weeks, my bosses have been distracted by other priorities. So I've had time to do the things I need to do instead of answering questions and providing analyses. I feel good about that, because the undone things would have caught up with me sooner rather than later.

I've got some tax returns to finish, but no real problems in that area.

I drove Kim and Ross to the airport at noon. They were leaving on their honeymoon after spending the last week getting their new house all comfy and neat. I'm sure they'll have a wonderful time.

Then Janett and I went grocery shopping with Steffo and Malachy. That was fun, but Malachy likes to continue the monster and alien role play on our outings. So we were walking weird up and down the aisles, Malachy making strange noises and I was responding in a growling voice. He called me his monster buddy and I called him my little alien friend. Well you know in Elgin there's a whole lot of Mezo-Americans, and they shop where I shop. I just had to hope they'd know Mally was portraying the other kind of alien with his eccentric behavior.


My little alien friend


We got home and I fell asleep on the couch. Steffy called to say Kim had emailed that they'd made it to Phoenix and would make their connecting flight to Cabo San Lucas. We'd been a little concerned over whether the flight would be uncomfortable for Kim who'd been struggling with an undiagnosed ailment this week. She had a doctor's appointment this morning at which time the doctor was going to tell her it was or was not OK to fly. Kim called the doctor's office on the way to the airport to say she was sorry she'd missed her appointment, but she was feeling fine and would call when she got back. So here's hoping it all goes well.

Then Janett's friend Missy called inviting us to out for a spaghetti dinner tomorrow afternoon. Janett was prepared to decline the invitation, knowing I had work on my desk, but I told her we could go, saying she should get out more. Maybe I'm secretly craving the Chianti. Today at lunch, I asked the waitress if they could make a bleu cheeseburger, and this week I had a persistent thirst for a double scotch on the rocks, as yet unsatisfied. It's like, when you're dragging a little bit, you try a few uncommon treats in the hope of a boost.

That's kind of a chatty post, and I know many of you connect to get insights on what's happening in the world, so here's a link where there's some background and informed speculation on Maliki's attack on the Sadrists this week. Was it just coincidence that it came a week after Cheney's "surprise" visit to Baghdad?

No comments: