A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Curmudgeon

I haven't looked up the word to find if it has some positive connotations. I think it means a person who is cynical, grouchy, and perhaps even overbearing in presenting negative views. I don't know if the word implies advanced years. That would make "old curmudgeon" redundant.

Allow me to stipulate that I am entirely grateful for everything I've been given.
I have and have had the most wonderful wife, children and grandchildren, grandparents, parents, brothers and sisters, and friends a with whom a person could have been blessed.

I was raised in a secure loving environment of comfort and gentility among people who respect the virtues of responsibility, integrity, and faith in God. I was given the best of educations and developed a love of learning. All of this in the United States of America in the second half of the twentieth century, arguably the best place and time for a person to exist in the history of creation.

Lastly I came into the world with a nice appearance, a friendly smile, and an agreeable disposition. I may be the happiest person any of us know. My only concern is that on judgment day God may say "I gave you everything and what did you do with it?" I have to hope a lot of little kindnesses which came naturally will make up for a lack of singular accomplishments which I would have had to work for.

Love to all.

No comments: