A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

And the Red Bull ran close behind...


Look Kids , it's The Last Unicorn. Recommended to all, and a great read too, if you can find the book.

Edited for remembrance:

In college I first read I See by My Outfit, then A Fine and Private Place wonderfully innocent yet knowing books in a troubled time. I wanted more Peter Beagle and got The Last Unicorn - more than anyone could have hoped for.

That makes me think of William Goldman. I was reading him too about then.
His first was good, Temple of Gold, but even better to me Soldier in the Rain, Boys and Girls Together, and Your Turn to Curtsey, My Turn to Bow - It's as though these books confirmed what I was learning about relationships at that time. William Goldman hit the real big time, going to Hollywood and writing the screenplay for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and guess what else? Give up? The Princess Bride.

What a great time to be a reader. Pynchon, Kesey and Wolfe were informing me as well. Boy. I never read stuff like that anymore, but I've heard The Color of Light is really, really good. Maybe I'll get a copy.

2 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

That's funny. I own the Last Unicorn on DVD already...must not be the 25th anniversery edition. Thanks for taking us to see tht as kids. It's a speacil one to us! I didn't know about those other books maybe I will check them out. You should get that book Dad, you probably even still have a Barnes and Nobles gift card somewhere if I know you!

janettsue said...

You have a gift card and Mom knows where everything is!!!!!