A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Stanford Game

Saturday was a strange day. Good thing the weather was beautiful and we won. Otherwise I could be a little bummed. First of all, we got a late start. I'd told Lou that we should leave around eight AM, so he shows up around ten, then the expressway's a mess so we get to South Bend around a little before one, Chicago time, then we park and walk to campus. I knew that travelling west to east you lose an hour, but I got confused and turned it around in my head. Maybe my subconscious was protecting me from freakking out. So, I was surprised to realize it was 2:40 South Bend time and we had missed the kick-off.

We got to our seats in time to see the first touchdown, a completion to Samardzjia which capped a long drive. Three more touchdowns, one each by McKnight, Walker, and Carlson and one field goal gave ND 31 points. Sranford got 10, one on a touchdown pass that I think should have been called back because the Stanford receiver pushed off the d-back at the goal line. But except for dropped passes Stanford would have scored earlier, So the final score was pretty representative of the play of the game.

After the game we went to the bookstore to pick up a birthday present for Malachy.
The tradition tee shirt wasnt avalable in toddler sizes so I got him a child's small which he can use as a night-shirt. I also selected an Notre Dame Athletic Dept Football tee shirt which will fit him better. We also picked up a few personalized ND shot glasses, one for "Andy" one for "Lou" and one for "Sue", since they didn't have a "Janett".

Having missed out on the campus walk around, I thought dinner at the South Dining Hall would be a nice thing, but of course it wasn't the same as I remembered it.
First of all it was $17.50 for a "candle-light buffet". And then, the old caffeteria line was gone, and the "renovated" dining hall featured islands for different kinds of food-none of which would you would have chosen to spend $17.50 for, and it was terribly crowded.

Being at the game was nice, but to tell the truth, I'm happier watching on TV at home.

Ooops, Janett's calling. I have to go now.

No comments: