A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

Last week I celebrated my 61st birthday. Steffy and Mark hosted a party. Janett prepared Russian Pie made with layers of sauteed cabbage, cream cheese, mushrooms and hard-boiled egg sliced up, all baked in a pie crust. It was this recipe that introduced Janett to taragon. Yummm, And strawberry shortcake for dessert.

We played Settlers of Cataan (sp?)after dinner, but I kind of eased myself out of the game after fifteen minutes because I was doing so badly. I received nice gifts, several several bearing the Notre Dame logo, including a Jeff Samardzjia game shirt.

And this week Lou and I are going to the Stanford game. Weather forecast is 70 degrees and sunny, just liked I'd hoped - except for not being undefeated. I'll report on our trip next week. Who wants to lend me a camera?

Maybe, I'm not posting much because I'm in suspense awaiting the bad stuff I said was coming. I guess it was postponed til after the elections.

2 comments:

janettsue said...

Well it is time to post about your trip to ND. How about we do something fun this weekend and I will post about that?

Crystal Starr said...

Oh Happy late Birthday!!! You know what's weird though? Since I met Kim and Steph, oh about 20 years ago, they've been telling me just about every year that you're 55! Hmmmmm....I guess they were just a little off!