A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Behold the Lamb of God

At Willow last week, Pastor Hybels spoke about "substitutionary atonement". Kim appreciated his sympathy for the sacrificial lamb, which was always unblemished the most innocent.

I liked hearing John the Baptist's exclamation "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world". These words were in the offertory of the mass. the point where I was always paying the most attention. Not only did John perceive Jesus' mission, but asserted all men would be his beneficiaries, not just the Jews.
What a unique vision for his time and place.

3 comments:

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi Dad, did you see my post about a Catholic church on Palatine Rd. that has got some Willow people returning to their Catholic roots? You and Lou should check it out and tell us what you think! In fact, I'd like to check it out, it sounds really interesting!

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

ps I put a stat counter on your blog. Remind me tomorrow and I'll show you how to check your stats. Happy Easter Eve!

Filipino said...

Just sharing...

The meaning of the Lamb of GOD is...

A Male without blemish. Not a sheep for others...

Exo 12:5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: