A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Monday, February 15, 2010

My third post of the day

Tonight I watched the last three episodes of Friday Night Lights. It was a pleasant diversion with a happy ending, and I was lifted up a little bit. I was taking a break from worrying about all the things I worry about, largely at Kim's recomendation that I distract myself from my concerns.

As I enjoyed watching the show, the characters I've gotten to like over the last few years dealt with some pretty serious stuff, didn't handle things too badly and never once referred to politics or the economy. We all deal with the crises and rejoice at the beauty in our own lives, and ultimately trust in God that whatever happens, we'll find our way through with His help and guidance.

So then I pondered upon my inclination to grapple with the most portentious problems of our time, and decided that it was a touch maniacal. Maybe, driven by a need to understand forces way beyond my control, maybe to divine the root of evil that causes injustice and unhappiness in our world, but ultimately a symptom of an ego that has become unbalanced, and tilts at windmills that may be dragons. Even if they be dragons, there should be more productive ways for me to spend my energies.

And even if I felt that my insights were somehow special and needed to be shared, was I trying to give a helpful caution to those around me, or just being a self- important Cassandra? In any case I've spelled out sufficient dark scenarios that my family, friends, and acquaintances are well aware of my concerns. and now I'll try to relax a little, and maybe focus on more postive endeavors.

No comments: