A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is it appropriate to talk about


family on Blogger? I guess so.

Daughter Kim is moving to Las Vegas. So much is loaded into that simple statement. Excitement and happiness for her and husband Ross. The move is in order for Ross to take advantage of a very attractive job offer. (We'd all had our fingers crossed following an interview in Chicago last week, but Chicago did't pull the trigger and the Las Vegas firm did). And they'll probably get a ton of house cheap in Vegas these says, and the hot dry weather will probably ameliorate the symptoms of Kim's fybroid myalgia. I even imagine Kim completing her degree at UNLV as a day student, attending classes with little Remy strapped to her back.

Kim and Ross's moving away will leave a big hole in our lives, and little Remy won't even be born as of their departure date. I don't know how they expect to raise a child without my proximate support. I will so miss being involved. Although, that makes me consider another positive aspect: Ross's new insurance will cover any medical costs involved with the little one's arrival.

As I've mentioned here before Kim is the source of a lot of guidance for me. She can be disapproving in such a thoughtful way I can never take offense.

I always say, and really believe that Kim, of all the children, was destined to make her own way in the world, sometimes I expected with hardly a glance back. I rely on that sense to keep me from pining away, but that's not to say she is not a very loving child, and we'll miss her very much.

And I'll sure miss being able to suggest to Janett on those occasions when I've badly upset her, that maybe she should call Kim and talk to her about it.

No comments: