A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kim facebooked a review of the Road

which she said made her think of me. I must protest, I did not buy a huntihg rifle in anticipation of Y2k, nor did I start wearing a hard hat during Kahotek's run at earth. Someone as disorganised and whimsical as I could never be a survivalist. Too many contingincies to plan upon. I'd get dizzy just thinking about them.

But I am an alarmist, about the economy and the markets. Leaving aside references to ethnicity (excepting this disclaimer) it is incredible to me and should be to you that responsibility for so much of the wealth and well being of our republic has been given over to a small criminal clique euphemistically referred to as "Wall Street bankers". Up to thirty years ago, tycoons made their money on holdings; today they make their money on bonuses, and leave the holding to the suckers.

But I know so many nice and interesting people, if 3 posts in a row are about my market misgivings, something is wrong with me. I decided that I was annoyed about not getting to play in the marketplace. So I bought a put on CAR (Avis car rental). I plan on making or losing a couple hundred bucks. preferrably the former, but will feel better, in any case, because I'm getting to do what I like to do. Besides there are worse ways to spend a couple hundred bucks.

So, now I have five digital recreation options, facebooking, blogging, reading about ND football. playing the market on line - and playing RISK offline. The other four just weren't enough. I was becoming surly and argumentative. Hopefully, my disposition will improve, and I will comment here on other matters more often.

But, all that bad stuff is still true.

1 comment:

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

No offense intended Daddy! I thought it was a really funny article and it reminded me of the conversation we had just had about the History Channel. Love you!

PS Yay for Risk!

PPS If you wanted to be even MORE AMAZINGLY WELL ROUNDED you could add this to your list of digital pass times: http://cuteoverload.com/ ;)