A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sweet Caroline

Janett, Kim and Steffie and I went to the Neil Diamond show in Chicago last night.
It was an enjoyable evening. I can't sing so I'm not in a position to judge, but I thought Mr Diamond's voice was excellent. I mean, he's been working that voice pretty hard for 45 years now. And he was at once personable and professional in his manner with the audience.

In a way the event held the most significance for Janett, for whom Neil Diamond's music was a source of great comfort and encouragement in the seventies when things were tough. She had to overcome her agorophobic feelings to attend a concert at the United Center, and she did it.

I enjoyed the music, but I was happiest about just being with the three of them for a fun evening. We had dinner out before driving to Chicago and got to the United Center just ten minutes before (scheduled) show time, so we were in the last aisle in the parking lot, which made leaving easier when the show was over. All in all, nothing could have been nicer.

1 comment:

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

I had a great time too! And I agree with you about Neil's voice, he sounded really good. Love you!