A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No news is good news

Not posting could imply nothing's going on or too much is going on. Kim's wedding is less than a month away. Everything seems on track. I dropped in at the "family" shower Sunday long enough to meet Ross's mom, Connie. Steffie and Janett may be posting a few snapshots of the event, and from the friends shower a week ago.
Steffie is pretty pregnant and she's pretty pregnant, but we're all so cranked up for the wedding, Steffie's not getting quite the attention she should. We should rent her a copy of Sixteen Candles, and then hurry to make up after the wedding




I should go check the etiquette rules. Steffie, Dee, and Lauren really threw some good parties. I didn't attend but I feel like an expression of appreciation would be in order. Also, Dee's sister, Michelle invited us to a gala event celebrating her son Pete's graduation from Iowa State and her husband, Tomasso's 50th birthday.
The fete was held at a really nice restaraunt with banquet rooms, and a DJ played popular Italian/American music from the last fifty years. Some of the folks danced.

I had calamari (squid?) and grilled octopus - yummy. And the food just kept coming. The drinks too, based on reports of our son Jason's exploits after Janett and I had left for home. I asked Dee about it and she just kind of rolled her eyes, and I haven't sent Michelle a thank you note yet either.

And my sister Ann sent great gifts for Christmas, and I haven't sent her a thank you note either.

I'm a boorish ingrate.

Or maybe I'm just depressed. You heard, didn't you, about NBC cancelling Friday Night Lights. I assume we can look forward to a great new show about a half dozen a-holes living in house, on an island, at a fat farm, or rehab clinic. Or maybe a bunch of gay guys going around telling people how to be stylish. Oh wait, never mind. Way to buck the trend Mr Fred Silverman. You're a paragon of discernment.

No comments: