A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Friday, February 08, 2008

It's been a week since I posted

So, I thought I'd report in, but I don't have too much to say. Does anyone else want to spell week with an "h" in it? I'm kind of sick; a little feverish and my neck hurts so I cant turn my head. I stayed home from work but called in to a phone conference.

I've been pretty busy, bringing work home a couple evenings. One night I got home at eight with work to do, but by ten I hadn't gotten to it, so I went to bed and got up at four in the morning. That worked pretty well, but it involved the risk that I wouldn't be able to complete the work in a couple hours, and having to go to the office unprepared. I guess the bet was that I'm more effective after six hours sleep than at the end of a long day. Like I say, it worked out OK, but I don't like having to make that kind of choice.

Steffie's having a shower for Kim on Sunday. I think it'll be real nice. Janett's been preparing hors d' ouvres, and it looks pretty good for chick food. Kim and Ross went to church then out to breakfast with Julie and Louie and me Sunday. It was nice being with them. I tell myself I don't see much of them because Kim want's Ross's attention for herself, but she's probably trying to avoid me embarrassing her.

Coah Weis said in his press conference today that he'd be turning play calling over to offensive coordinator Tom Haywood this year. ND fans like that because they like the running game (memories of Lou Holts's great teams), and they think Haywood will find it easier to emphasise the run than Coach Weis could. With the quarterbacks, running backs, and receivers coming up at ND over the next couple years we should be able to do pretty much what we damn well please on offfense. But it all starts with line play. Coach Latina has been coaching offensive linemen 25 years and I think he's pretty good at it. The poor showing last year had a lot to do with lack of depth and experience. Reportedly, practices weren't very physical because they couldn't afford to get people hurt in practice.

Well this spring and fall I bet there's a lot of hard contact, and scrimmaging against coach Browns defense with Tenuta's schemes, they'll be ready when the season opens.

See Ya

No comments: