A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Catching Up

Janett and the kids and I have fallen blog silent this week. I don't know why. We have such interesting lives and thoughts to share. Janett and the kids might have wandered off to my space or u tube or somewhere. I don't do that stuff, but I have been e-mailing a little.

Janett and I went to see Lauren and Noah's house in Champagne this week end. A flipped Cape Cod on a quiet street off a busy street. Perfect. Lauren's dad is a handy guy and finished up on a few rough edges the seller didn't take care of, but it appears the house will be trouble free. The kitchen is the biggest room downstairs and the entire second floor is a family/play room. A fun house, perfect for visiting.

I guess not having posted in the last week, I didn't mention Easter. Services at Willow were excellent. Bill Hybels is the real deal, a genuine disciple. He is moving that church in so many directions at once, I know the demands must be strenuous. I'm sure the elders encourage and assist him to delegate as much as possible, but he's the one with the burning vision. How do you delegate that? The best the visionary can do is inspire and he sure does that.

Then we had brunch at Steffy and Mark's. Janett missed church to cook, and the chow was great. Kimmy and Ross were there lending a certain elegance to the festivities. Stephy and Mark just barely finished redecorating the kitchen in time for the party, and it looked really nice. Jason and Dee were there. Dee was so cute, she's on one of those diets that allow you to eat one thing but not another, so she had to pick and choose. Mark's mom was in town but left right after brunch. Janett tells me she (Donna) has had some worrisome news about her health - as did Lauren's mom in the past week. We'll keep everyone in our prayers.

The Blue Gold game comes up at ND next week. We'll talk about that next time.

No comments: