A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Friday, November 17, 2006

Shell shocked

Mark and I went to see Departed tonight. Janett doesn't like gangster movies or violence or sociopathic behavior in general, so this was my chance and we took it. Just guessing, about twenty people got killed, the plot was suspenseful, and the story was entirely plausible in the context of Boston's Irish underworld. But one comes out of the theater numbed.

I'm not really good at recognizing or remembering actors from one movie to the next. Was Matt Damon in The Bourne Identity? I liked those movies too.

Big day for college football tomorrow. I trust ND will be OK against Army. As one poster put it at Rock's Hous,e Charlie's not going to hang 50 points on a service academy if he can help it.

I think we want Michigan to win by twenty over Ohio State. Could happen. I don't think TOSU had played a defense like Michigans this year. I guess I hope Michigan not only wins, but makes Troy Smith look bad. You know the Heisman Trophy for Brady Quinn sort of thing.

Then we want Southern Cal to beat the Berkley Bears, so that if ND can beat USC, ND will move up to second or third in the BSC. Another loss for FL and Arkansas down the stretch would also help. And West Virginia maybe could beat Rutgers next week.

When a college team loses a game a lot of things have to happen to get them into the championship game. I'd say we have maybe a 1 in 6 chance.

Tomorrow morning I'll clean up a little, go shopping for brats and potato salad, maybe some Irish whiskey to celebrate or mourn the outcomes, then hunker down with Janett's cat and the channel changer to see how the situation develops.

1 comment:

Steph Stanger said...

thats fun Dad! I miss ya! Love ya