A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Is this thing on?

Wednesday night. Janett and the girls and little Malachy have been gone since Monday, heading down to GA to see her brothers. You'd think they'd be there by now, but driving through the rain was so bad that they had to stop in Atlanta, short of Macon. Hey, better safe than sorry.

Monday night I did the dishes, made iced tea and watched the news.

Last night I did laundry and went through some business papers. Didn't turn on the TV until I went to bed. Ended up watching a John Wayne calvary movie. His character was called Colonel York, but it seemed like a badly written rip-off of the John Ford classic.

Tonight I went to our friends'(Missy and Phil) house. Missy fixed tasty appetizers and a really good roast. After dinner she cut my hair a little. Janett offered to do it before she left, but I wasnt in the mood that day. So things are going good for me.

I brought a big bottle of Lambrusco to dinner, and when I was at Dominick's picking it up I was looking at their brochures for prepared Thanksgiving dinners. Janett wont be home til the day before Thanksgiving and may not feel up to pulling together a big family meal.

They have a turkey dinner and a ham dinner. So here's my plan - we get both.
That way you get mashed potatoes and scalloped potatoes, green beans and corn, apple pie and pumpkin pie, ham and turkey. All for eighty bucks and lets face it if I went shopping for all the fixings for a big holiday dinner, I'd spend that much, and someone would still have to spend the whole day preparing it all. Also, at work I got a twenty dollar gift certificate from Jewel for Thanksgiving. So tomorrow on the way home I'm going to stop at Jewel and see if they do the same kind of thing and whether I can use my gift certificate.

Sure it's easy to envy me, but not everone could live this life.

2 comments:

janettsue said...

Hi fine plan. The girls said how about 20 bucks of booze. Love Ya janetty

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi Daddy, you rock! That plan sounds great - my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Love you!