A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Waiting

I sold a gold futures contract last night. I was up a couple hundred and was tempted to wait for a run up. But, with all that's being going on, it should already have moved up. Something is not right, so I'm going to play it safe for now.

We get to see Noah on the twentieth. He and Lauren have been really gracious about trying to give us a day. (mild sarcasm). We're also looking foreward to a trip to the Michigan dunes at the end of the month which will be a great family get together, even if Noan and Lauren are too busy do join us for a day or two. (irony)

Then when we get back the Irish will be kicking off against Georgia Tech.
ND #1, YEAH BABY! My friend Louie hasn't relented in his determination to go to a game this year, so i've been scanning the ticket brokers. Damn, about three hundred dollars each for bad seats (in the corners of the stadium-two hundred fifty for end zone). He's shaming me into it. I tell him its goofy to pay that much and he answers "Don't worry about it, I'll get the tickets." If I'm going I'm paying, and I guess I'm going.

The prices I quoted are for the Stanford game. October 7, after Georgia Tech and the 4 Big 10 opponents and before a by week. If the lads are undefeated at that point it'll be a real scene, and I'm thinking Oct 7th could be a beautiful day for football.. OK, I'm too excited to type any more right now. Love to All.

3 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

that's cute Dad! I'm glad you get to go! It dose seem like a lot for a game but.... it is something you really love and I can't recall you ever going to a game (that wasn't practice) I think you are entitled to a game with your best pal! Don't feel guilty about the money...if you are going to go then go and enjoy yourself. I'm happy for you! It can be your b-day present from yourself and mama!

Steph Stanger said...

BTW...for that matter I don't recall you ever spending money like that on yourself...you would even go buy us all McDonalds and come home and make yourself a PB&J sandwich. You are one of the most selfless people I know and you certainly deserve to do fun things once in a while! OHHHH...and I too am crazy excited about the beach. Malachy is going to go nuts having all of us around for a week...he's so lucky to have you and Mom around, he adores you both! AND I'm obviously super excited about seeing Noah...

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

fun in the sun...can't wait :)