A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Three little words

I went to a link for a ND recruiting story in the South Bend Tribune, and on the right hand side of the page were listed headlines linked to other stories. One caption read "Girl's body found." It chilled me to read those words, even without knowing any of the facts of the story. Whatever singular tragedy was represented by those words, how many times must we see them repeated?

I googled the phrase, and here's the result: 3,730,000 for "girl's body found"

For the sake of comparison I tried a couple other phrases: 1,650,000 for "hope for the future".

557,000 for "Jesus loves you".

and 207,000 for "parents protect children"

Let's say a prayer for the children and their families, and a prayer of thankfulness that our own daughters have been safe and well.

No comments: