A nice way to stay in touch with loved ones, and a convenient way to share my opinions without having everyone just walk away...wait a minute, where are you going? I wasn't finished..

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I haven't been communicating well...

Not only on blogs, I haven't been calling people on the phone or visiting my Facebook page or checking my email. I've been preoccupied, mainly by work, but also probably in dealing on a subconscious level with the losses suffered by our little family. Every day I think of Kim and Ross and their lost baby and I think of Sally without Si caring for Davie. If my emotional equilibrium is so upset by these sad events, how hard must it be for those who suffered the losses more immediately?

Ross's friend brought his band to town for a performance this week-end, and the guys are staying at Kim and Ross's, Kim likes the guys but decided it might be a nice time to get away, so she stayed at Steffie and Mark's last night. Only 5 min. away. I'll swing by there on my errand run this morning

But I got to be home this afternoon for the ND game with Michigan. Louie and Julie are coming over. We'll probadly skip the cooking brats etc. and just order a pizza. Janett's been miserable this week with pain in her upper abdomen. Her doctor says it's fibroid myalgia in the tissue separating her lungs from her stomach (or something like that), so he prescribed a pain remedy I've never heard of that's supposedly good for fybroid myalgia. She's cleaning and freshening the place up a little for company but I'm not sure she'll be a affable hostess. Well, my little den is at the other side of the apartment from her bedroom and study, and she can have a little seclusion if she doesn't feel gregarious.

One little problem is my TV. It is little. like 13". The TV in the living room is a little bigger, maybe 19". I'm just not a big TV guy. I told Louie we could watch the game at his house if he wouldn't be comfortable with the little TV, but he seemed happier with the idea of coming over here. Maybe the little TV will prove a blessing. If Notre Dame disappoints, we can turn the volume down and only half watch.

OK, time for me to run out for snack shopping and to see Kimbo at Steffie's. Steffie just called and said a bag of dough-nuts would not be unwelcome. So here I go.

PS The audit of my project at work went well. Tne numbers all tied out and the papers were in order. Some documentation required by the company are still missing, but the auditor felt that the shortcomings were more plant and procurement issues than accounting problems. At least that's what he said. I'll get a written report next week.

2 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

Notre Dame didn't disapoint! =)

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi Daddy! You have gone through a tough season with work but hopefully things will get easier now. Don't worry about Ross and I. I really feel like God is taking good care of us right now and when we do get pregnant again we will appreciate it that much more. I'm so glad I got to see you on Saturday and thanks for the yummy donuts!